The Multimedia Sales group maintains client planning/buying relationships within the United States. They are responsible for creating effective Media and Marketing campaigns for clients across all of ESPN’s platforms. Not only does the Multimedia Sales team create multimillion dollar advertising campaigns for some of the most popular sports games today, but they are also responsible for bringing these Marketing concepts to life. Join the Multimedia Sales group and be a part of the team generating creative campaigns for Fortune 500 companies.
The Account Services Executive role, which is typically the step taken before becoming a sales person, provides specialized sales support to the TV and Digital Account Executives within the Customer Marketing and Sales Department. The ASE’s manage the cold call process by qualifying advertisers, creating a suitable plan and negotiating a good price for the network. An individual capable of managing personalities, willing to work hard and has a love for sales thrives in this Multimedia Sales role.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere. Responsibilities
• Follow-ups on all cold calls and miscellaneous leads
• Administrates make good packages for program/series ratings shortfalls and all technical make goods
• Tracks spending on competitive service/programming
• Services and maintains accounts with all agencies
• Identifies new prospects based on spending data/bar, major brand categories, sports sponsorships on competing networks and researching the trade publications
• Performs marketplace analysis by assessing client spending, economic forecasts and competitive pricing
• Develops proposals and monitors client performance (post-buys) as needed by AE and Sales Management
• Handles special projects and provides back-up and vacation relief as directed by Sales management
• Follows through on agency/client assignments as directed by Account Executives Basic Qualifications
• A minimum of 3 years in Media or related experience Preferred Qualifications
• Understanding of brand media and marketing concepts
• Knowledge of all ESPN networks
• Negotiation, presentation, and writing skills; ability to communicate effectively and to initiate projects Preferred Education
• College degree preferred Required Education
• Bachelor’s degree/BS or equivalent experience required Additional Information
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.