VP Agency Production & Project Management - ESPN CreativeWorksApply Now for this job: VP Agency Production & Project Management - ESPN CreativeWorks
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN CreativeWorks is seeking a Vice President, Agency Production & Project Management with a deep knowledge in content production, post production, project management, and proven experience overseeing agency or in-house production studio with P/L responsibility. The role of the VP, Agency Production & Project Management is to facilitate high quality production and implement project management processes to support CreativeWorks’ vision to be a premier creative and strategic agency, inside ESPN.
Responsibilities Agency Production Management:
- Implement production best practices to grow and develop CreativeWorks to industry production standards. Areas of focus to standardize: agency producing, awarding, scoping, budgeting, pre-production, production, post-production, delivery, archiving.
- Oversee the department responsibility for content production, post-production and respective in-house teams, as well as manage and grow external production partners relationships.
- Need a demonstrated business acumen to drive efficiency with reduced costs and higher volume output and the ability to create tiered account structures to drive revenue and profitability.
- Have resource management skills to optimize in-house/vendor portfolio for optimal cost/quality ratio. Increase volume and quality while lowering costs as part of overall resource management. Maintain transparent reporting process and consistent accountability.
- Work hand in hand with other leaders of creative production teams across the ESPN organization to find efficiencies in resources.
- Oversee production workflow and integrate the CreativeWorks’ New York and Bristol production teams to seek out efficiencies where post-production can be produced in-house.
- Negotiate and develop relationships with best-in-class production partners, agencies and vendors.
- Own the annual creative production budget and development budget (team resourcing) for CreativeWorks.
- Work collaboratively with leadership across the CreativeWorks team and Sports Marketing strategy team to ensure creative integrity is supported across the ESPN platform and provide education on production costs and implications.
- Consistently bring thoughtful, independent and persuasive viewpoints to the table and creatively problem solves and brings new ideas to the team
- Provide active and ongoing mentorship for the next tier of production leadership. Gives open and honest feedback.
- Has a skillset and passion to mentor, guide and grow team members.
- Ensure the project management team maintains established procedures, forms to keep deliverables on time and on budget.
- Oversee development of job tracking device to provide to manage resources and track hours tied to revenue opportunities.
- Work with team to create a network of freelance resources to bring in when revenue justifies need for additional resources.
- Lead the team in research and implementation of a project management software system and motivate cross-department usage of the program.
- Support the team in research and implementation of data asset management program and archiving projects.
- Gives calm, clear direction in high pressure situations objectively and professionally.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.