Vice President, Partnerships & Interactive GamingApply Now for this job: Vice President, Partnerships & Interactive Gaming
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN is seeking a Vice President, Partnerships & Interactive Gaming. The ideal candidate will have at least 12 years of extensive experience negotiating and executing deals in business, content, technology and/or digital media. This senior role is charged with executing and managing high potential partnership activities that help generate significant value to ESPN, such as increases in media spend, new license revenue streams, or referral traffic. This position collaborates with all areas of ESPN to ensure optimal communication and execution across the company as we seek to create world class content/product experiences. Partnerships include: BAMTech, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, EA, Samsung, Microsoft, Amazon, GoPro, E-Sports partners, VR Partners
- Lead a team that serves as a cross-functional liaison across all partnerships and coordinates global internal and external stakeholders including Product, Programming, Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales, Social Content/Editorial, International, and Finance.
- Manage interactive gaming activities for ESPN, including the Electronic Arts partnership.
- Oversee and guide the overall vision of ESPN’s global partnerships business, seeking to create world class content / product experiences, while driving incremental value to the Company.
- Provide executive-level leadership for various partnerships including BAMTech, Microsoft, EA Sports, Samsung, Google, Sony, Amazon, GoPro, FaceBook, Twitter, SnapChat, E-Sports partners, VR partners, and more.
- Lead a team that identifies and executes high potential partnership activities that help generate significant increases in global media spend and/or new license revenue streams.
- Establish and build strong relationships with executives from potential and established partners.
- Effectively communicate ESPN’s overall content and product strategy to respective partners.
- Serve as executive leader with executives from various ESPN groups including Ad Sales, Affiliate, Product, Technology, Programming and Content Production.
- Participate in overall Digital Media and Global Business strategy discussions, focused on innovative ways to serve fans while driving incremental revenues.
- 12+ years of extensive experience negotiating and executing deals in business, content, technology and/or digital media.
- Ability to facilitate large group sessions with top-level executives
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
- Strong ability to comprehend, structure and negotiate complex business agreements,
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Strong and effective negotiating skills and experience, including: deep understanding of the traditional media business, internet, new media and interactive platforms and the associated business models
- Extensive sports content and product knowledge.
- Proven understanding of external partner platforms and products.
- Business strategy, business development and/or business affairs experience.
- Four-year college degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.