Vice President, Business & Content StrategyApply Now for this job: Vice President, Business & Content Strategy
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN is looking for an accomplished, senior executive with at least 10 years of experience leading, managing, developing and executing strategic plans within complex organizations. Experience in TV, entertainment and digital is a must.
This role will be pivotal in contributing to global strategy and initiatives at ESPN. The VP, Business & Content Strategy will work closely with Executive Vice President Global Strategy & Original Content on any number of deals and projects. They will be responsible for developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives. He/she will assist the EVP, Global Strategy & Original Content with identifying, analyzing and contributing to ESPN’s enterprise-wide strategy, with particular emphasis on identifying profitable growth opportunities, evaluating new technology and business models and working with ESPN’s content team to evaluate and ensure our portfolio is best positioned to respond to changes in our industry.
- Identify and drive opportunities that create medium- and long-term growth.
- Collaborate and coordinate with members of the ESPN executive team in the development and execution of key medium- and long-term growth initiatives - particularly as they relate to new media platforms and new business opportunities.
- Identify, define, and analyze consumer trends across major markets.
- Evaluate competitive intelligence, establish and review key strategic priorities,
- Translate priorities into comprehensive strategic plans and execution thereof.
- Establish and drive key strategic initiatives through inception phase.
- Partner with internal resources to support execution of key initiatives, especially cross-departmental projects.
- Direct cross-functional teams and facilitate efforts to build new medium- and long-term business strategies, rationalize processes, and identify, qualify and present strategic issues to Senior Executives.
- Is a resource across the organization to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans.
- Work with ESPN’s senior content executives to ensure ESPN’s content portfolio is best positioned to drive long term value and be responsive to major consumer and business changes.
- Develop and present to internal and external parties (including industry panels) regarding the latest developments in the marketplace (sports rights, digital and traditional media offerings, business models, social networking, mobile, tablets, etc.) and ESPN’s offerings..
- Maintain extensive contacts and experience in the digital space, preferably including media, social media and technology
- 10+ years of extensive strategy and/or business development experience
- Experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or private equity
- High degree of quantitative and analytical experience in media or technology
- Ability to facilitate large group sessions with top-level executives
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
- Strong ability to comprehend, structure and negotiate complex business agreements,
- Strong business and financial acumen,
- Superior communication skills with the ability to interact cross-functionally at all organizational levels internally and externally with business associates and clients,
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Effective negotiating skills,
- Deep understanding of the traditional media business, internet, new media and interactive platforms and the associated business models
- Ability to read and synthesize various media consumption and marketplace reports; practical application of business and process-mapping techniques
- Excellent strategic and creative thinking, with particular emphasis on evaluating new opportunities and changing marketplace and media consumption dynamics
- Experience in leading a corporate strategy or business development group/function in a leading media or technology corporation
- Track record in conceptualizing, establishing and building new businesses·
- Leadership experience in digital or multi-platform strategy and/or business development·
- Ability to provide guidance on strategy for developing, offering or acquiring digital media goods and services.
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
- Must excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Is excellent at presenting complex information in a formal and clear manner to all levels of employees
- Writes strategic project proposals, and presents proposals to peers and other executives
- Manages multiple key projects simultaneously
- Remains proficient and knowledgeable in traditional media and cutting edge internet and wireless goods and services
- MBA degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.