Senior Manager – Video Ad ProductApply Now for this job: Senior Manager – Video Ad Product
Reporting to the Director of Video Ad Product, this role will be responsible for helping to develop industry-leading video advertising products for ESPN, specifically within digitally-distributed live TV and VOD. The role will work closely with Consumer Sales, Affiliate Sales, ESPN Technology, BAMTech and various other teams to bring new opportunities to market and strengthen existing products already in-market. Portfolio will span ESPN’s VOD and live streaming products as well as the emerging digital MVPD space.
Ideal candidates will be forward-thinking with the ability to communicate requirements and product plans clearly with stakeholders in the sales, marketing & technology worlds. They will contribute to the team’s stance on ad platform and vendor technology requirements and assist in identifying ways to close any capability gaps. They will help to build video products that can scale across ESPN and to the Disney enterprise level.
- Work with ESPN Sales and Marketing to evaluate new opportunities, assess priority and translate them into an actionable roadmap
- Management of Product requirements, pipeline, deliverables and launch timelines
- Manage Product post-launch adoption & evangelizing
- Collaborate with internal technology teams on implementation of any new product or enhancement within a current or future ESPN offering
- Collaborate with external tech partners to align their roadmap with ESPN’s business needs
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs, understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities
- Identify vendors or internal solutions to keep ESPN’s video ad stack and sales offerings at the forefront of the industry
- Present new ideas and participate in conversations with Executive level personnel across ESPN and the Disney company
- 5 years of experience with digital media distribution and/or video advertising
- Proven experience in Product Development and Management in the digital industry
- Demonstrated background managing multiple products across business units with independent development lifecycles
- Proficient communication skills to adapt complex projects to a sales-friendly format
- Process driven and extremely detail oriented
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Experience with industry-leading videos ad servers, specifically but not limited to, Freewheel
- Background in video encoding and streaming methodologies, specifically but not limited to HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Understanding of the TV affiliate landscape and its relationship to content distribution and ad sales
- Experience discussing new ideas and strategy at the Executive & C-Suite level
- Bachelor’s Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.