Product Manager (Global Consumer Ad Product)Apply Now for this job: Product Manager (Global Consumer Ad Product)
The Product Manager will work on ESPN’s Global Digital Ad Products. In this role the candidate will be responsible for implementing strategic business development initiatives and working with multiple international teams to determine the prioritization of roadmaps, feature sets, and development strategies. The successful candidate has a demonstrable track record of successfully working across regions, launching and integrating ad products in a consumer oriented company and must possess a strong data-driven mindset. In alignment with a data driven mindset, this candidate will work closely with the Global Data team, collaborating with the Digital Data team to coordinate on global implementations, leading up data structure and standards for all global regions for targeting and measurement products.
The candidate should be able to clearly communicate and partner across our International Sales and Strategy teams, as well as our Design, Technology, Editorial, and Product teams. He/She should have experience with product or international work and with the software development lifecycle. In coordination with other product leads, this candidate will work with all aspects of the product management lifecycle for Ads experience on multiple platforms across all regions including mobile, web, and OTT. We are seeking a detail oriented professional that can take strategic initiatives and turn them into successful products working hand in hand with many cross-departmental international teams.
- Collaborate with international sales and strategy teams to understand market specific needs
- Build out feasible roadmaps on realistic timelines
- Write and deliver detailed product requirements to our international sales and strategy teams
- Work closely w/ domestic and international vendors to understand revenue and growth opportunity, deeply understand integration and development requirements, and communicate timelines and associated risks and dependencies
- Communicate clearly with our design, and technology partners about requirements and market specific needs and use cases
- Deeply understand our fans from around the globe and their specific experiences of our digital ESPN properties so as to create the best user experience, while maximizing revenue opportunities
- Manage and prioritize issues and action items throughout software development lifecycle
- Deeply understand ad product landscape and technology in order to deliver products that exceed quality, performance, and revenue expectations
- Effectively communicate product expectations and timelines to all stakeholders
- Escalate risks and constraints and manage dependencies and critical paths in a timely manner
- Lead Product implementation for Analytics, DMP, Tag Management guiding with business input for spec and design to uphold data collection standards
- Coordinate as international expert with the US core team to ensure targeting and measurement is consistent, and adheres to applicable privacy laws and guidelines in each country/ region (i.e. GDPR). Create and Share best practices.
- Establish and facilitate feedback loop for the digital product roadmap that integrates the strategic objectives defined domestically with input collected from international stakeholders
- Must have experience making data driven decisions
- Results-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled in time management
- Must have excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Must understand ad product landscape
- Solid facilitation and problem solving skills and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals
- Self-directed and the ability to work independently
- Candidate should also have an entrepreneurial spirit and the flexibility to adapt
- Experience with Digital Ad Products
- Experience working internationally
- Experience in managing technology products
- 3 to 6 years of digital ad product experience
- 3 to 6 years experience leading initiatives within a Media company
- Experience in digital media industry (e.g., mobile applications, web, video, and broadband)
- Excellent business and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Internet Ventures, which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Internet Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.