ProducerApply Now for this job: Producer
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Writer/Producer position will be responsible to contribute creative and editorial ideas to a daily morning TV show and its digital assets. In addition, the W/P will be responsible to conceive of and execute segments for the show and contribute material spontaneously for the hosts’ use during the live production of the show, Monday through Friday.
- Provides creative and editorial input for segments, guests, franchises, and talent bits for a three-hour morning show.
- Is accountable for the content quality of assigned sports events; tracks and reports on production schedules and budgets for assigned sports events
- Works with production personnel (P.A.s, A.P.s, Segment Producers, Editors) to execute creative and editorial vision.
- Enhances current philosophy, line-up and continuity of assigned event / studio telecasts; reviews and determines the look and feel of assigned event / studio telecasts ; participates in the design and implementation of innovative graphics for assigned sports productions.
- Pre-production activities include: participation and contribution to daily production meetings; directing the production arrangements for the program; establishing production schedules up to and through the show; establishing the format and sequence of events for the show; oversees and controls the flow of production assets
- On-site/ in-studio management activities include: leading the moment-to-moment editorial direction of the content of segments; providing hosts with material (questions, insights, comments, jokes) in the midst of the show.
- Recommends the content and focus of each assigned remote / studio production including the storylines; during a production, identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news
- Uses mastery of sports knowledge and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content of the production
- Leads the assigned on-air staff to create and write creative and compelling content for the show
- Five years of progressively complex related event / studio or related sports production experience
- Has an advanced ability to create and produce compelling sports news event / studio sports content; generates and executes assigned event / studio productions, from concept to execution
- Has an advanced knowledge of real-time sports productions / graphics promotions
- Has and applies advanced knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for assigned event/studio productions
- Has a good appreciation of the popular cultures, e.g., “what’s cool” and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN’s viewers in those countries where assigned productions are aired
- Has a good understanding of ESPN’s market positioning and strategiesHas good knowledge of sports and sports history, including international sports
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.