Producer Digital Video, Katie NolanApply Now for this job: Producer Digital Video, Katie Nolan
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Producer I Digital Video works to help guide a production team in the creative development, preparation, and production of Katie Nolan content, following the guidance of the Director. Works closely with talent to develop and write content ideas and show segments. Manages the set up and execution of shoots. Determines and maintains the "creative vision" of assigned multimedia productions and features. Fully understands the technical process in which content is created and delivered to fans and has the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems. Manages production resources, assets and staff. Works with other departments in terms of companion content, editorial and resource allocation. Understands data metrics and how to best use that information to inform content creation. Creates and monitors schedules and budgets to ensure timely, current and cost-effective multimedia productions. Mentors less experienced members of the team. Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual media. Effectively maintains leadership in a group environment, manages direct reports and delivers constructive feedback. May be assigned to various original or special projects as the lead producer.
- Manages all aspects of production related to content featuring Katie Nolan, including: ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and distribution, in addition to coordinating guest booking and talent scheduling
- Collaborates directly with talent to write and develop compelling content with regular guidance from the responsible Coordinating Producer and Director
- Uses mastery of sports knowledge, creativity and news judgment to determine the rundown, concepts and content
- Oversees a staff of subordinate Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop assigned sports content
- Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned ideas; determines the agendas and flow of assigned projects
- Operates within the context of maximizing distribution and revenue opportunities
- Work is reviewed by the responsible Coordinating Producer and Director at regular intervals and milestones
- Has a minimum of 6 years of practical multimedia production or related progressively complex experience.
- Has experience producing a show or recurring segment on a digital platform, preferably within a comedic environment
- Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what "works" on all platforms, with a digital-first focus, and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users
- Has good production skills related to sporting events
- Has a good understanding of ESPN's marketing and sales strategies
- Has an established knowledge of sports and sports history
- Is a supervisor with good leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Good writing, editing and copy editing skills
- Knowledge of production and video editing in digital environment
- Understanding of metrics-based decision making
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, broadcasting, communications, sports management, or social media
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.