Manager, Media Strategy & PlanningApply Now for this job: Manager, Media Strategy & Planning
The Media Team at ESPN develops innovative communication strategies & media plans that drive brand awareness, fan engagement, and tune-in across all properties/platforms to impact the ESPN business & brand.
The Media Strategy & Planning Manager will provide strategy and thought leadership in creating, monitoring and executing the development of integrated media plans using on & off channel. This role works with multiple in-house teams and external agencies on a daily basis, in a leadership position and have autonomy of their campaigns.
The ideal candidate possesses outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, with a positive attitude. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a proven ability to handle a high-volume workload.
This role reports into the Associate Director, Media Strategy & Planning
- Create the strategy and framework of the communication/media plans that will deliver on goals
- Lead media strategy and planning of annual campaigns bespoke to fan behavior, and objectives
- Provide performance analysis, optimizations/rationale, ROI, and insights for campaigns
- Support the Associate Media Director with IMC Framework across Brand and sub-brands
- Manage day to day work with greater marketing teams: brand teams, in-house creative agency and media agencies towards a seamless and integrated marketing campaign; ensuring creative is well aligned to strategy; consult on best practices by platform
- Guide Associate Manager/Coordinator through fundamentals of the planning process
- Delegate responsibilities, mentors, and trains Media Coordinator including oversight into her projects – monitoring for progress and accuracy of all communication plans/assignments
- Represents Fan Engagement team on cross functional marking teams
- Work closely with internal teams to drive information gathering and data analysis efforts to be fan centric and platform agnostic.
- Stay on top of sports industry trends, ad products, consumer and viewing behaviors to inform media plans
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience in integrated media planning (brand, corporate, agency or publisher side preferred)
- Must have knowledge of TV, radio, digital, mobile, print, OOH, search and social media planning/buying
- Strong knowledge of media landscape, terminology, and measurement
- Passion for data-driven marketing and experience with devising effective strategies based on true insights
- Proven track of IMC development or experience developing marketing campaigns from scratch including positioning framework, audience identification, media strategy and launch roadmaps
- Record of being an effective manager, delegator, and leader
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office; familiarity with DoubleClick and social media platforms a plus
- Genuine interest in sports and is excited to influence and impact the fan experience
- Proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Information:**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role** About ESPN:
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.