Director, Program ManagementApply Now for this job: Director, Program Management
We are seeking a Director of Program Management reporting to the VP of Data Strategy & Program Management to drive business critical projects, communications and operational structure development.
Responsibilities:Support development of framework for business critical projects and programs that stretch across multiple disciplines and business units:
- Produce detailed project plans that roll up to major milestones.
- Manage and surface issues and blockers across large strategic efforts
- Translate product requirements into project plans
- Determine issues that require executive escalation and generate clear support material to help drive swift and decisive decisions
- Understand and map dependencies across different project streams and product roadmaps in order
- Compile and own weekly maintenance of trackers that assist executive management in understanding impacts of missed dependencies/milestones, jira rollups, hot project readouts and escalation trackers
- Help to support, advocate and ensure compliance with process at the team, business and corporate levels
- Facilitate operational meetings and working sessions, summarize and distribute meeting outcomes.
- An ability to rapidly discern core blockers of progress against particular goals. Understand the difference and nuance between thematic hurdles and tactical manifestations of those themes.
- Ability to conceptualize and drive prioritization based on impact to business, as measured by frequently differing value measures
- Demonstrated ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders in a complex matrixed organization, without owning official report lines
- Co-ordination and facilitation of discovery
- Disciplined – used to getting things done in a large complex matrixed organization
- Experiencing building and running a top-class team
- 7+ years experience in program/project management, strategy or consulting
- Experience interfacing with and presenting to executive management
- Ad technology subject matter expertise
- Integration experience across business systems
- Experience working with large vendors and holding vendors accountable to schedules and quality of work delivery
- Bachelors Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.