Director, Client Communications, Sales CommunicationsApply Now for this job: Director, Client Communications, Sales Communications
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
To help drive ad sales revenue, Sales Communications develops strategic marketing messages, delivered in creative ways, to persuade clients to partner with ESPN. Our materials leverage a combination of compelling visual storytelling, thoughtful design, research-fueled insights and unexpected motifs to deliver ESPN’s message to the advertising marketplace.
- Supervise and lead the development of and personally produce customized, smart, creative and persuasive ad sales messaging around:
- Marketplace positioning (ex. ESPN, specific sports, media platforms, research insights, etc.)
- Client-specific sponsorship opportunities that meet client objectives
- Recaps and case studies of past client platforms
- Direct the development of and produce a wide range of client-ready sales communications as required by given project parameters:
- Persuasive talking points
- Creative collateral materials (poster-boards, hand-outs, brochures, etc.)
- Presentations that visually convey compelling positioning stories
- Videos (simple sizzle videos and more complex positioning videos)
- Electronic communications (ex. emails and webpages)
- RFP responses (as appropriate)
- Branded goods
- Close collaboration with Sales Communications Directors and Senior Directors as well as cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing and Research
- Regular interaction with vendors
- Attend and, at times, lead Sales and Marketing meetings to maintain knowledge of latest ESPN priorities, sales opportunities and position in the marketplace
- Opportunity to attend and lead Client/Agency meetings at discretion of sales teams
- Supervise and train direct report(s)
- 8+ years’ experience in related fields (marketing, sports marketing, advertising or communications)
- Excellent strategic and creative thinker
- Visual problem solver with strong design sense
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Process thinker with strong organizational skills to meet the demands of multiple time-sensitive assignments simultaneously
- Superior PowerPoint skills
- Well-versed in Photoshop and knowledge of Illustrator a plus
- Prior management experience
- Desire to build relationships and encourage teamwork
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.