Director Business DevelopmentApply Now for this job: Director Business Development
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Director, Business Development is responsible for identifying, developing and executing new business opportunities that further enhance ESPN’s content and product offerings. The individual will evaluate prospective partners in traditional and digital media and assist in managing third party relationships.
- Identifies and evaluates potential third party opportunities (including complex business development matters in new and emerging businesses) while also supporting and expanding our existing businesses.
- Works with internal colleagues across a diverse range of stakeholders including Product, Editorial, Ad Sales, Finance, Legal, Research, and Business Affairs to develop new business and product initiatives.
- Directs cross-functional teams and facilitates efforts to build new business and content strategies, rationalize processes, and identify, qualify and present strategic issues to top management.
- Establishes and builds strategic relationships with internal partners as well as executives from potential and established partners.
- Evaluates and negotiates complex business development and revenue driving projects in new and emerging businesses.
- Gives presentations to internal and external parties regarding the latest developments in the marketplace (digital media offerings, business models, social networking, mobile, tablets, etc.).
- Consults regularly with ESPN colleagues regarding how ESPN’s business development activities can support their initiatives and businesses.
- Collaborates with external and TWDC parties and internal ESPN groups regarding new business efforts.
- Writes business and content development proposals, and presents proposals to peers and other executives.
- Manages multiple key projects simultaneously.
- Remains proficient and knowledgeable in cutting edge internet and wireless content-focused goods and services.
- 8 years of experience, including 5 years of extensive business development or relevant deal experience
- High degree of quantitative and analytical experience in media or technology
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
- Experience in managing and growing business relationships and digital content and marketing strategies
- Strong ability to comprehend, structure and negotiate complex business agreements
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Strong and effective negotiating skills, including: deep understanding of the traditional media business, internet, new media and interactive platforms and the associated business models
- 10 years of business development experience and/or relevant product or deal experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial, digitally-focused environment
- Excellent strategic and creative thinking, with particular emphasis on evaluating new opportunities in a changing marketplace
- Ability to provide guidance on strategy for developing, offering or acquiring digital media goods and services
- Track record in conceptualizing, establishing and building new businesses
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
- Is excellent at presenting complex information in a formal and clear manner to all levels of employees
- Knowledgeable in sports and traditional media, as well as cutting edge web and mobile technologies and services
- Extensive contacts and experience in the sports, media, digital and technology sectors
- Bachelor’s Degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.