Creative Works Creative Development Internship, NY-ESPN-Summer 2019Apply Now for this job: Creative Works Creative Development Internship, NY-ESPN-Summer 2019
ESPN Creative Works is ESPN’s in-house creative agency. Our team provides creative solutions for both fan based marketing and supports our sales teams with co-branded and client branded creative across all media platforms.
A Day in the Life:
This internship position helps support the needs of all our internal Creative Development teams.
Interns will be expected to concept big ideas that live across platforms.
What You Bring to the Role:
- First and foremost, creativity
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for sports and culture
- Strong understanding of the digital / social space
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous internship or comparable experience in related field
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and digital media formats
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of media, e.g., digital advertising, radio, social, print, etc.
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles, media history and advertising
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited Ad school in the semester prior to the internship
Along with a portfolio link, please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest in any specific creative areas and why you’re a strong candidate for this internship.
- Must be enrolled in an ad school/college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks and the approximate dates are June 10 – August 16, 2019. Interns will work 40 hours per week and need to provide full availability throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in New York, NY. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.