Associate Director Program ManagementApply Now for this job: Associate Director Program Management
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Program Management reporting to the Director of Data Governance & Program Management to drive business critical communication and operation development.
Responsibilities Help steward business critical dependencies and provide crucial visibility across multiple project streams.
Identify and solve for blockers that prevent groups from achieving joint goals.
- Determine issues that require executive escalation and generate clear support material to help drive swift and decisive decisions
- Understand and map dependencies across different project streams and product roadmaps in order
- Compile and own weekly maintenance of trackers that assist executive management in understanding impacts of missed dependencies/milestones, jira rollups, hot project readouts and escalation trackers
- Help to support, advocate and ensure compliance with process at the team, business and corporate levels
- Run weekly team operational meetings, summarize and distribute meeting outcomes.
- 7 + years of working experience in program/project management, strategy or consulting
- 5+ years of experience working on strategy and program/project management at a media company
- Proven understanding of the type of issues that require escalation to executive management
- A clear sense of larger trends across the organization that can tapped to drive progress
- An ability to rapidly discern core blockers of progress against particular goals. Understand the difference and nuance between thematic hurdles and tactical manifestations of those themes.
- Ability to conceptualize and drive prioritization based on impact to business, as measured by frequently differing value measures
- Demonstrated ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders in the absence of owning official report lines
- Experience interfacing with and presenting to executive management
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Master’s degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.