Part-Time Master Control OperatorApply Now for this job: Part-Time Master Control Operator
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Master Control Operator must be proficient in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas to execute live and pre-recorded programming and commercials as scheduled. The Master Control Operator will understand & execute these items and more, including but not limited to: protocols for live programs, commercial and program log documentation, regional feeds and market protection procedures, intercom communication procedures, media transfers for specific operating conditions, and any required documentation.
Our ideal candidate must be flexible with their schedule as this is a 24/7 operation and should expect to work nights, holidays and weekends. The ability to perform the job at hand under a tight deadline while demonstrating strong interpersonal communication skills is a must. Other skills that we are looking for in our candidates include: organizational and planning skills, being able to adapt to a constantly changing environment, strong communication skills and a good computer background with programs such as Outlook and Excel.
- Network operation for individual recorded and/or live shows, content and commercial segments, in response to the changing creative and master control operational requirements of the ESPN network(s)
- Proficient knowledge and application of network control standards & information along with operating systems. Will conduct a proficient level of quality control measuring and take corrective action steps to enhance audio/video in support of applicable ESPN Standard Operating Procedures
- Proficient understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication with those business units to best convey the issues necessary for resolution
- Demonstrate proficient skills problem solving and troubleshooting and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution
- Provide support for ESPN Domestic networks, International networks and digital platforms
- May participate in training of others in operational areas and generate training documentation
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self/career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans
- Assigned to operational roles and expected to report on system status for specific area
- Complies fully with company and/or departmental standard operating procedures. May support the updating of SOPs for area
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up with problem solving
- Must be adept at understanding complex information and demonstrate comprehension through operational proficiency
- Expected to share experiences and offer solutions to standard workflow or system problems
- Expected to initiate productive interactions with counterparts in Operations and closely related support departments. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines
- Communicates regularly with direct Supervisor and/or Manager in compliance with departmental guidelines
- Provides quality service in assigned area to all customers, as defined and assigned by management
- As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations for the departmental objectives
- Minimum of 2 years practical TV production or related experience.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and prioritize simultaneous projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
- Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to constantly changing environment.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc…) and strong communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; VTRs, server based recording/ playback devices and related software
- Candidates must have a good computer background (Outlook, ENPS, Word, Excel, etc…) including experience with computer network signal flow
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
Additional Information:**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role** About ESPN:
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.