Programming Coordinator, College SportsApply Now for this job: Programming Coordinator, College Sports
The Programming Coordinator supports the College Sports team on day-to-day scheduling across ESPN’s College Sports Networks; Contributes to the content strategy across all college networks and platforms to maximize viewership and revenue; Works collaboratively across all ESPN departments and with external rights holders to fulfill contracts and achieve established priorities and goals
- Assists in strategic scheduling across the college networks; development of annual studio and live event schedule, including game selections for linear and digital platforms.
- Supports College Networks Team in creation of presentation materials, historical program summaries, future schedules, ratings tracks and other schedule related tasks.
- Handles Content Scheduler / NCS responsibilities for assigned networks, including ratings, scheduling, APF’s, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring schedule composition adheres to contractual obligations and maximizes grant of rights.
- Works hand-in-hand with Marketing, Production, Finance and Communications to distribute schedules and manage event counts.
- Provides strategic and analytical support to Programming Management regarding the on-air placement of current and future programming.
- Works as a member of the Programming Department at large to contribute to the overall scheduling strategy for ESPN across platforms.Proactively contribute innovative ideas to continue to grow ESPN’s business.
- Two years of experience in a professional work setting
- Strong overall sports knowledge and specifically college sports knowledge
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite and current social media platforms
- General knowledge of the sports media industry and landscape
- Strong communication skills. Highly organized and efficient
- Two years of work experience in the sports media industry, television programming and/or professional or college sports
- Familiarity with reading and comprehending legal contracts
- Familiarity with media and footage rights
- Familiarity with TV and digital audience measurementKnowledge of NCS / Content Scheduler system
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Sports Management, or other related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.