Part-Time SEC Digital Production Assistant
The Part-Time SEC Digital Production Assistant is a part-time role serving as a day-to-day content editor who helps to shape the SEC digital platform. The position involves the content editing and development process, and requires intelligent news judgment, an understanding of the collegiate sports environment, and a specific understanding of the Southeastern Conference (SEC).
This role includes the facilitation of content budgets, editing resources and processes, ensuring the maximum placement and presentation for all related cross-platform elements. This role is centered on SEC event schedules and will involve exclusively nights, weekend and holiday shifts. This position requires a passion for, and in-depth knowledge of, the SEC-related editing experience and awareness of the SEC audience, as well as a background in the content workflow process.
The Part-Time SEC Digital Production Assistant will work to ensure the SEC digital site’s content is comprehensive. The Part-Time SEC Digital Production Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements. The job requires the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once, and the ability to make sound decisions concerning content prioritization. Great communication skills, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all a must.
This position is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Edit, publish and manage both written and video content on the SEC digital platform.
- Cover live events and studio shows from the Charlotte production office, publishing in-game and post-game highlights, interviews and written recaps.
- Utilize good judgment and preparation toward prioritizing and selecting content from a variety of sources.
- The job requires a self-starter who is capable of managing a heavy workload and who has excellent time management skills. Reliability, creativity, and work ethic are a must.
- Monitor live watch feeds and stat feeds on digital platform and triage when technical issues arise.
- This job works exclusively on nights, weekends and holidays and requires an average of 29 hours a week.
- A basic background in editorial, reporting and/or copy editing experience.
- Basic news journalism experience and news judgment; understands assigned sport(s) from a journalistic point of view. Exhibit a solid understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
- Effective use of English syntax and grammar in writing.
- Strong communication skills, and experience as part of a cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with any content management system, publishing content to a website and/or very basic knowledge of any sort of media asset editing system (Photoshop/Final Cut).
- Advanced experience and management of content creation; as well as experience with joint-venture operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.