Part-Time Programming Coordinator, College NetworksApply Now for this job: Part-Time Programming Coordinator, College Networks
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Part-Time Programming Coordinator supports the ESPN College Networks team on the day-to-day scheduling and management of the SEC Network (primarily). Contributes to the strategic scheduling of the content across platforms to maximize viewership/usage and revenue. Work with the SEC Digital team on digital content scheduling, producing weekly analytical reports, and data management. Work collaboratively across all ESPN departments and with external rights holders to fulfill contracts and achieve established company/team priorities and goals.
- Assist in strategic scheduling of SEC Network programming
- Handle NCS work for SEC Network, including ratings, scheduling, APF’s, etc.
- Work hand-in-hand with Marketing, Production and Communications to help forge and implement effective promotional and social media strategies
- Track competitive network data
- Provide strategic and analytical support to Programming Management regarding the on-air placement of current and future programming
- Produce weekly analytics reports chronicling usage metrics for the SEC Network digital platform
- Coordinate with ESPN Research to discover best-practices for tracking data across multiple digital platforms
- Maintain and enhance historical data on Web analytics for SEC Network digital platform
- Digital content scheduling
- Work as a member of the Programming Department at large to contribute to the overall scheduling strategy for the company across platforms.
- Create presentations and assist in prep work as assigned
- Proactively contribute innovative ideas to continue to grow our business
- One year of experience in a professional work setting
- Strong overall sports knowledge with an emphasis on college sports and the Southeastern Conference, specifically
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite and current social media platforms
- General knowledge of the sports media industry
- Strong communication skills. Highly organized and efficient person.
- Two years of work experience in the sports media industry, television programming and/or professional or college sports
- General familiarity with reading and comprehending legal contracts
- General familiarity with media and footage rights
- General familiarity with TV and digital audience measurement
- Knowledge of NCS system a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business, sports management or a related field.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.