Talent Management and Learning & Development Program ManagerApply Now for this job: Talent Management and Learning & Development Program Manager
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The department of Talent Management Learning and Organizational Development promotes a culture of continuous learning and development at the individual, team, and organizational levels by designing and deploying strategies which will enhance people, processes, and performance and enable ESPN to achieve its business priorities and maintain its competitive advantage. The department focuses on providing diverse learning and development experiences at each stage over a person’s career span at ESPN, offering world-class programs that accelerate high-potential talent and ensure a consistent leadership pipeline, consulting and coaching employees and managers on development issues, and defining, marketing, and communicating a core curriculum and holistic suite of OD interventions and services.
Responsibilities Talent and Succession Planning:
- Support design and implementation of succession planning and key talent review meetings and processes across the company; identify or create tools and processes for assessing and developing talent
- Consult with HR Business Partners to execute talent succession and development planning
- Support broad integration of talent management and HR processes (e.g., integration of Culture Factors in the talent assessment process; IDP process into the People to Watch and Successor development plans, etc.)
- Help ensure Individual Development Plans are in place for all key talent and succession candidates to enhance their ability to achieve goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- Liaison with HR Analytics team to execute reporting and measurement strategy
- Support the design and implementation of ESPN performance management strategy and calibration process
- Develop marketing, manager/employee toolkits
- Partner with learning team to design and facilitate learning programs to support performance process
- Support planning and delivery of the career management strategy, including individual development plans for all employees, career paths, and integration of competency-based models
- Manage the industry-specific learning programs (e.g., WICT, NAMIC, WISE)
- Manage coaching, mentoring and executive transition programs
- Identify and pilot internal/external targeted development programs
- Support design and delivery of innovative development programs to accelerate development of key talent and successor candidates; utilize contemporary communications methods and learning media, distance learning and online
- Manage budget and measurement strategy for program areas of responsibility
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a program management or project management role, where the primary responsibilities included design and execution of programs with quality standards and budget responsibilities.
- A keen understanding of HR operations and talent management and learning and development initiatives is needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and HTML
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience developing and supporting talent management and career management programs (i.e., individual development plans, mentoring initiatives, career paths, leadership competency, and talent and succession planning programs)
- Able to meet with management on learning and development needs/solutions
- Able to operate independently and utilize strong decision making skills
- Strong communication, presentation/facilitation and relationship building skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous budget accountability
- Possess a professional presence and cultural awareness
- Proficient in company systems succession planning and learning management systems
- Experience leading others formally and informally
- Bachelor’s degree required.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.