Talent Management & Development Program ManagerApply Now for this job: Talent Management & Development Program Manager
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The department of Talent Management Learning and Organizational Development promotes a culture of continuous learning and development at the individual, team, and organizational levels by designing and deploying strategies which will enhance people, processes, and performance and enable ESPN to achieve its business priorities and maintain its competitive advantage. The department focuses on providing diverse learning and development experiences at each stage over a person’s career span at ESPN, offering world-class programs that accelerate high-potential talent and ensure a consistent leadership pipeline, consulting and coaching employees and managers on development issues, and defining, marketing, and communicating a core curriculum and holistic suite of OD interventions and services.
Our Human Resources Team
We only seek the best talent in the industry. From seasoned professionals to budding prospects, you can be assured that the people you work with are the best in the business. Our Human Resources department consists of ten areas of specialization. They include, Compensation, Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness, Employee Relations, HR Information Systems, HR Business Partners, Learning & Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition. As a collective group and as an individual department, we’re dedicated to creating a fulfilling and rewarding employee experience as our business grows. Through frequent communication, valuable training and development, and highly competitive compensation, we keep our employees at the top of their game.
An Integral Member of the Talent Management Learning & OD Team
As Program Manager, Talent Management and Development, this individual will be responsible for designing and managing aspects of certain talent management and learning and development programs, including the logistics, communications and marketing, and metrics for those programs. In carrying out this role, the Program Manager must have a keen understanding of the ESPN culture and the ability to design and implement programs to meet the needs of target audiences. The Program Manager will report to the Sr. Director, Talent Management and Development.
Your Professional Record
The bar is set high at ESPN. We are interested in experienced professionals with experience in companies with highly regarded learning and organization development organizations. Excellence is essential in this position. You should be a self-starter who drives quality results and experiences. Solid project management skills and attention to detail are essential for this position. A track record of managing scalable programs within a company with 7000 plus employee is a core competency of the successful candidate. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with leaders at all levels is required. Your experience should include the ability to design, implement, and manage programs that are aligned to strategic and operational goals in these areas: talent and succession planning initiatives, performance management, career management and other essential programs that meet the needs of employees and the business. ESPN is a fast-paced, high-energy environment where teamwork and culture are valued. Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to perform with absolute integrity within a similar environment is a must.
Responsibilities Talent and Succession Planning
- Support design and implementation of succession planning and key talent review meetings and processes across the company; identify or create tools and processes for assessing and developing talent
- Consult with HR Business Partners to execute talent succession and development planning
- Support broad integration of talent management and HR processes (e.g., integration of Culture Factors in the talent assessment process; IDP process into the People to Watch and Successor development plans, etc.)
- Help ensure Individual Development Plans are in place for all key talent and succession candidates to enhance their ability to achieve goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- Liaison with HR Analytics team to execute reporting and measurement strategy
- Support the design and implementation of ESPN performance management strategy and calibration process
- Develop marketing, manager/employee toolkits
- Partner with learning team to design and facilitate learning programs to support performance process
- Support planning and delivery of the career management strategy, including individual development plans for all employees, career paths, and integration of competency-based models
- Manage the industry-specific learning programs (e.g., WICT, NAMIC, WISE)
- Manage coaching, mentoring and executive transition programs
- Identify and pilot internal/external targeted development programs
- Support design and delivery of innovative development programs to accelerate development of key talent and successor candidates; utilize contemporary communications methods and learning media, distance learning and on-line
- Manage budget and measurement strategy for program areas of responsibility
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a program management or project management role, where the primary responsibilities included design and execution of programs with quality standards and budget responsibilities.
- A keen understanding of HR operations and talent management and learning and development initiatives is needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and HTML
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience developing and supporting talent management and career management programs (i.e., individual development plans, mentoring initiatives, career paths, leadership competency, and talent and succession planning programs)
- Able to meet with management on learning and development needs/solutions
- Able to operate independently and utilize strong decision making skills
- Strong communication, presentation/facilitation and relationship building skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous budget accountability
- Possess a professional presence and cultural awareness
- Proficient in company systems succession planning and learning management systems
- Experience leading others formally and informally
- Bachelor’s degree required.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.