Systems AdministratorApply Now for this job: Systems Administrator
The individual in this position will join the Media Engineering Infrastructure Services team in an exciting, fast paced environment, supporting, automating and administering the Microsoft Windows based systems through a variety of technologies. The primary technologies to be leveraged include Symantec Altiris, Ghost Solution Suite, Citrix XenApp, Appsense, Thycotic and more. This individual will be on a team that supports the automation and software delivery of hundreds of packages that maintain all Windows clients and servers.
- Work with internal groups to gather requirements and help scope and prioritize work.
- Windows systems management through automation
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Leveraging and maintaining vendor relationships
- Maintaining relationships with international counterparts
- Works with team members and takes direction on project work
- Gathering requirements to generate quotes for hardware and production systems
- Assist with vulnerability management
- 4 years’ experience in the field or a minimum of 6 years of experience in Technology, or similar industries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of PowerShell and VBScript
- Management of Windows User Profiles and managing them through Appsense or scripting
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, GPO
- Project Management experience: Demonstrated collaboration skills, working with teams and end-users; driving teams and objectives
- Possess strong analytical and technical skills focusing on the areas of Windows client and server systems with a fairly in-depth understanding of client architecture including; Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Objects and the Windows registry
- 4 years’ experience in the field or a minimum of 8 years of experience in Technology, or similar industries.
- Experience with the design and architecture of client and server systems
- Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed technical documentation
- Experience working within an Agile Scrum methodology
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
- Knowledge of Windows 2008r2/2012/2016 Servers, Windows 7/10, TCP/IP, software deployment/management and system performance tuning/monitoring
- Advances understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and O365
- Fundamental knowledge of automated software distribution and PXE boot technology
- Knowledge of process management, process streamlining, and process organization tools as well as a fundamental understanding of ITIL best practices
- Associate's Degree (in Computer Science or Information Technology)
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science or Information Technology)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.