ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Media Operations, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Studio Operator must be proficient in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; camera jib systems, camera stabilization systems, high definition studio cameras, pedestals and lenses, camera control units, color correction, studio routing, server based playback devices, studio lighting, PC and console based lighting boards, robotic camera operation, remote video conferencing systems, virtual technology, and general studio awareness.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting practices as they relate to operational assignments.
- Operate a wide range of assignments and equipment within the studio environment and as indicated by the job title.
- Conduct quality control procedures and take corrective actions to ensure and/or enhance product.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
- Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions.
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Organizational, communication and planning skills are required.
- Comply fully with company and departmental standard operating procedures.
- Provide quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- Share information and offer solutions to standard workflows and system problems.
- Initiate productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based on timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
- As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives.
- Supports ESPN Domestic networks, including Deportes, as well as all ESPN International networks.
- A minimum of two years of practical TV Production or related experience.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.