Sr Financial AnalystApply Now for this job: Sr Financial Analyst
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This position is responsible for supporting the financial management of indirect Content costs including salary planning and other overhead expenses. This position will work closely with Content leaders to plan departmental spend, analyze trends and make recommendations for expense savings.
- Prepare operating budgets, five year strategic plan, and quarterly forecasts for Indirect Content Costs.
- Prepare and maintain salary models and headcount for assigned operating areas including merit increases, promotions, overtime and other labor related costs with an emphasis on contracted labor and corresponding allocations.
- Create contracted labor reports to track overall spend and analyze for spending trends.
- Collaborate with Content management to analyze and track overall performance. Report findings on possible concerns and make recommendations for potential solutions.
- Prepare salary and other indirect expense variances as compared to the annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts and 5 year Strategic Plan to facilitate the monthly close and forecast cycles for Finance and Accounting review.
- Act as a strategic partner with Content while ensuring adherence to ESPN policies and company financial goals.
- Engage in and oversee special projects as directed by management within the Finance organization.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a related field is required.
- Requires strong computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A proficiency in building and working with financial models is necessary.
- Candidate must be extremely detailed oriented, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and possess superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in SAP a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field required.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.