Sr Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now for this job: Sr Financial Accounting Analyst
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Production Financial Services (PFS) Senior Financial Accounting Analyst position is within the Disney Enterprise Financial Services team supporting ESPN. In this position, you will provide real-time financial analysis and decision support services to production and remote operations clients. You will also complete budget forecasting, accounting and production tracking for Remote sporting events and Studio shows. And you’ll calculate and record monthly accruals and provide strategic operational support.
- Conduct special and ongoing analyses of such activities as budgeting, forecasting, program cost tracking, and cost trending for assigned tasks, events and/or sports.
- Create the rationale and conduct analyses that support strategic decisions and proactive planning for events and/or sports.
- Research and prepare cost estimates for program acquisitions or new shows.
- Extend analysis to support decisions and define impact of various actions.
- Research and identify industry trends related to the costs associated with assigned areas of responsibility.
- Make recommendations on opportunities to operate efficiently and provide cost impact of alternative scenarios.
- Record closing journal entries, variance summaries, account reconciliations and applicable financial reporting.
- Prepare or participate in the compliance of Sarbanes Oxley requirements and initiatives.
- Maintain and perform financial analysis of data reported and created in SAP and NCS.
- Prepare annual tax reporting schedules, if requested.
- Assist in special projects as needed based on reporting needs
- CPA preferred
- SAP experience a plus
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all