Social Producer of Branded ContentApply Now for this job: Social Producer of Branded Content
The ESPN Associate Editor Social will focus on Branded Social Content will function across both ESPN CreativeWorks (ESPN’s Creative Agency) and the ESPN Social editorial team to ensure an always-on partnership that drives the highest level of collaboration and development. This position will be fully focused on the creation and distribution of branded content as a socially optimized extension of ESPN CreativeWorks. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to develop unique and compelling branded content that will thrive in the mobile/social environment and drive revenue. Though based out of ESPN’s Bristol headquarters, this role will require frequent travel to ESPN’s New York City offices and branded content shoot locations. Those applying should have the ability to react quickly to last-minute partner requests, think strategically about social marketplace trends, and plan ahead for upcoming seasons and opportunities. Interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with all groups across the ESPN organization are crucial to succeeding in this role.
- Concept and create branded custom content that will drive engagement across ESPN social channels while ensuring partnership consistency with ESPN CreativeWorks.
- Attend and participate in all necessary social editorial meetings, relevant CreativeWorks discussions (will require frequent travel to NYC), and CreativeWorks shoots (will require travel to various locations).
- Work with internal and external creative partners on the creation of custom branded content.
- Have a deep understanding of all social platforms, the ever-changing rules, and how both impact the ability to create and distribute branded content across ESPN’s social platforms.
- Evaluate partnership opportunities for branded content with social platforms and provide recommendations.
- Maintain a critical eye over content quality and brand tone.
- Assist with the planning and posting of branded social media executions.
- Define KPIs to measure success across branded social campaigns.
- Stay up to date on new social media tools and trends, including an understanding of how other companies are leveraging social for branded content executions.
- Participate in the RFP process by brainstorming and providing insights for creative writers/developers.
- Educate others on social editorial best practices.
- Sports take place on nights, weekends and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required
- A minimum of 2 years working in a media environment with content creation and live publishing responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of journalistic standards
- Ability to create and tell stories in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical work day
- Experience working with brands or agencies on social campaigns
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education experience.
Additional Information:**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.