Senior UI Designer - ESPN FantasyApply Now for this job: Senior UI Designer - ESPN Fantasy
The ESPN digital design team is seeking their next Senior UI designer to help conceive, define and execute the UI and visual design of ESPN digital products. This individual will collaborate with design leadership and product management in helping design digital products from start to finish, concluding in development of design specifications, deliverables, and implementation guidance to engineering counterparts for product build. ESPN is a collaborative environment between engineering, product management, and design, a culture where ideas can be sparked by any individual but cannot be realized without a collective effort.
- Contribute to the UI design for ESPN digital products through a unified design process.
- Focus on web and native interfaces and interaction patterns across multiple platforms and breakpoints (e.g. web, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Participate in product design brainstorms alongside design and product team partners.
- Architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement
- Contribute to design direction alongside design and product team partners by participating and leading product design brainstorms.
- Clearly communicate design decisions and process for arriving at those decisions
- Solicit feedback from design leadership and design team members to ensure quality.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to help drive UI design quality from conception to launch.
- Utilize research, testing, and analysis of user data to inform design decisions.
- Maintain and refine each ESPN brand and identity.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in digital product design.
- Deep understanding of user experience, user interaction, and design across mobile platforms, devices and products
- A strong digital portfolio featuring examples of user interface design, user interaction and visual design work.
- Solid responsive/adaptive design knowledge, especially pertaining to user interaction and interface design, web platform guidelines, and user experience.
- Proficient with Sketch from Bohemian Coding, or Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite tools, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understanding of native and web product development process.
- A lightweight prototyping ability, and working knowledge related process and tools.
- Experience with and curiosity around current web and native products, trends, software, platforms and hardware
- Understanding of the ESPN brand, and a passion for sports as a fan and as a business.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in a design or digital media related discipline
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Internet Ventures, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Internet Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.