Senior Technology Support EngineerApply Now for this job: Senior Technology Support Engineer
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Service Operations Center (SOC) is a state of the art facility, in which the monitoring of ESPN’s Production systems, IP networks and critical applications are centralized. This facility is staffed with not only full-time Service Operations Center Administrators, but also second level support team members from several of ESPN’s key technical teams in an effort to centralize troubleshooting and foster collaboration and cross training. ESPN is looking for enthusiastic, quick-thinking individuals with can-do attitudes that are committed to the continued success of the SOC and serving sports fans as only ESPN can.
This position requires a daily 12 hour shift on a 2-week rotational cycle. Availability to work weekends required.
Responsibilities The Sr Technology Support Engineer is responsible for the tactical execution of the Major Incident and Crisis Management process within the SupportCenter, as well as supporting peer organizations with Problem and Availability management. The objectives of these processes include:
- Ensuring major incidents are effectively managed and coordinated with the required urgency and that all stakeholders are kept informed of progress in an organized and timely manner
- Act as the Incident Commander in leading tactical communications and incident resolution to internal teams and the liason to Disney IT Support Center (DITSC).
- Assist the Associate Manager of Service Availability in the handling of critical issues.
- Ensuring that proactive measures to improve the availability of services are implemented
- Assist in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Major Incident Management process
- Assist the Associate Manager of Service Availability in coordinating technical incident resolution with internal and external teams
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Major Incident management process and make recommendations for improvement
- Contirbute in publishing monthly Major Incident Management metrics
- Assist in the Major Incident Management process and procedures
- 3-5 years practical experience in incident management
- 3-5 years practical experience in problem management
- Demonstrated experience with Service and Event Management tools
- Demonstrated experience in systems integration, application infrastructure support and middleware operations
- Demonstrates management skills, both from a resource management perspective and from the overall control of a process
- Proven experience and understanding of root cause analysis techniques
- Proven experience with coordinating resolution of major incidents
- Proven experience with management of technical resources
- Proven ability to be detail, deadline, and results-oriented
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and encourage others
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workflow
- Solid interpersonal skills for written, oral, and face to face communications
- Practical experience with influence and negotiation methods and techniques
- Ability to serve as mentor and coach
- Strong customer service orientation, seeking opportunities to serve clients
- Experience working in a shift environment
- Solid understanding of available and emerging IT technologies
- Good understanding of how IT technology supports the Enterprise and the Business Segments
- ITIL Foundations V2 or higher
- Experience in enterprise scale IT departments highly desired
- Experience with outsourced IT environments highly desired
- Proven knowledge of UNIX and Windows Operating Systems a plus
- Proven knowledge of virtualization platforms a plus
- Proven Knowledge of clustering technology a plusProven knowledge of data storage solutions a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study, or equivalent work experience Preferred Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study, or equivalent work experience Company Overview
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.