Senior Network EngineerApply Now for this job: Senior Network Engineer
As a member of the Global Network Services organization, the Senior Network Engineer will help deploy, scale, and automate the enterprise and production networks in a dynamic, fast-paced, technologically advanced broadcast and content distribution environment.
The organization is tasked with improving workflow efficiency through the use of innovative technological solutions. Our partners demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. Our industry is evolving at a tremendous rate and it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network. As a result, we are transitioning to a service-provider model to include 10G, 40G and 100G Ethernet capabilities. Automation is an important component of driving efficiency and the team is responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying tools to support our network infrastructure.
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for the scaling of current network designs to meet the needs of the business. You will work closely with our Network Architects and internal partners on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production. You will create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol enterprise and production networks
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Define, develop, and implement network monitoring and analysis tools
- Document and maintain accurate configuration information and infrastructure documentation of all networking components and dependencies.
- Conduct test scenarios for new devices in lab environments
- Work with our Network Architects to design and build a highly available, high-performance network infrastructure
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Experience managing long term, project/milestone based work with teams
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in the technology operations role with demonstrated training and interest in supporting routing and switching configuration efforts
- Knowledge and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP and OSPF
- Experience scripting with Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, C or C++
- Experience with network device configurations
- Able to provide respectful and courteous customer service often under tight deadlines and in high pressure situations
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills
- Ability to capacity plan and forecast
- B.S.C.S. or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNP
- Juniper Networks Certified (JNCIP-ENT)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.