Senior Manager, Product ManagementApply Now for this job: Senior Manager, Product Management
This role will be the product lead charged with determining the scope and requirements for digital market expansion. Partnering with GM’s from international markets this role must be a subject matter expert on ESPN’s full digital media technical offerings and be able to negotiate with peers in other global media companies. This role will work closely with the VP, Global Digital Media to create accountable and actionable contract language, working to prioritize contractual work timing within Technology, and ensuring product requirements comply with the terms. Additionally, this role will be a key contributor to the integration of revenue partnerships into our digital properties by writing the requirements needed to implement these key collaborations. This is a visible role requiring executive presence and presentation skills both in and out of ESPN.
- Become a subject matter expert on the ESPN Global Digital Platform and apply that expertise to market expansion deal terms and negotiations.
- Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation of deal terms on how to best activate into new markets.
- Partner within Technology and Product Management to scope and evaluate new requirements in terms of level-of-effort, prioritization and overall timing.
- Create high quality presentations that represent product expansion ideas to internal and external audiences.
- Serve as the liaison between business teams and technology to accurately determine scope, solutions, and priority of new work.
- Participate with Business Development, Ad Sales and Legal in the evaluation of new revenue partners that integrate into ESPN digital properties. Provide expertise on the LOE needed to achieve a successful integration.
- Write high quality requirements for the integration of new revenue partners into ESPN digital properties, review with all stakeholders and see the implantation through to shipping the feature(s).
- Provide on boarding and coordinate training to Edit and Sales teams as we enter new markets with partners and/or internal teams.
- Work with project management to establish project milestones, assign tasks, track deliverables, communicate status, manage change requests and hold groups accountable at all stages of product development
- Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to product enhancements and improvements.
- Minimum 6 years of combined media experience with a focus on digital media, product development, content strategy, project management and the global digital media marketplace.
- Thorough understanding of formal project management methodologies including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, budgets and timelines, develop work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Demonstrated experience with digital media revenue models and programmatic advertising.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion and the skills to either resolve or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Comprehensive understanding of international digital media and sports trends.
- Ability to speak a foreign language a plus (Spanish, Mandarin and others)
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA and/or PMP preferred
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Internet Ventures, which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Internet Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.