Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
- Develop interactive prototypes utilized for testing product concepts and interactions
- Collaborate with design and product teams to create complex layouts across breakpoints
- Participate in developing the frontend code base and standards for ESPN domestic, international, fantasy, and partner sites
- Proactively communicate with critical partners as needed
- Mentor other members of the frontend development team
- Solid understanding of responsive web development and device limitations
- Demonstrated ability to convert Photoshop/Illustrator designs to HTML/CSS
- Advanced analytical skills
- Mac and PC experience and understanding of browser testing across platforms
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment (GitHub experience preferred)
- Self-motivated, natural problem-solver, with good communication style and a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated track record as lead developer or developer on high traffic websites
- Design experience and understanding of user interaction
- Demonstrated understanding of the mechanics, contents and operating philosophy of the ESPN.com web site, including an understanding of the optimal experience for a sports fan
- All applicants should supply an online portfolio URL with their applications.
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.