Senior Financial AnalystApply Now for this job: Senior Financial Analyst
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the forecasting and variances for Human Resources and the Administration departmental expenses and will be the key finance contact person for these respective business partners. In this role the SFA will need to develop a deep understanding of these areas while providing proactive and objective financial analysis that will influence decision making. In addition, this SFA in concert with key Disney contacts will also manage the company-wide G&A costs such as benefits, bonus and rent.
- Partner with operational and accounting contacts to manage the budgets/forecasts for the Human Resources and Administration groups, which include Communications, Legal, Corporate Outreach, Facilities and Security. Gain a detailed understanding of the forecasts and actuals, as well as prepare the variance explanations for these areas.
- Work with Disney and operational contacts to manage the shared services costs for Human Resources and understand their impacts on the business. Prepare management reporting and analysis to support these shared costs.
- Manage the companywide budgets for bonus, employee benefits, payroll taxes and rent as well as other significant G&A accounts for ESPN, including providing variances for these accounts and communication of these costs to other finance contacts for inclusion in their budgets/forecasts.
- Administer the companywide Other Revenue reporting, which would include maintaining the integrity of the classifications and communicating with other finance areas to understand variances.
- Provide Executive Management with summary reports identifying changes between forecast versions, and also actuals versus current forecast.
- Responsible for tracking Facilities & Security Capital spend and related management reporting.
- Support Senior Manager to analyze and mange companywide Corporate Allocations. Including working with Disney partners to understand the various allocations, communication of these allocations to various finance teams and associated management reporting.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and assist with implementation efforts for departmental projects/initiatives.
- Assist the Senior Manager on special projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Strong organizational / multitasking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.