Senior Financial AnalystApply Now for this job: Senior Financial Analyst
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This position is responsible for supporting the financial management of ESPN’s Digital programming/production expenses related to ESPN3 as well as various existing and emerging lines of business. Additionally, the position will work closely with various departments around the company as it pertains to the upcoming launch ESPN+.
- Forecast and track, programming and production costs and assist in the preparation of the Financial Plan, Long Range Plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Research and prepare detailed cost (and revenue where applicable) estimates for program acquisition analyses by working with Programming, Content, and the PFS (Production Financial Services) Group.
- Provide cost-efficient recommendations on a variety of live event and studio shows.
- Monitor program expenditures for compliance with budget appropriations and report budget variances.
- Prepare financial models, strategic analysis presentations and assist on special projects as requested.
- Monitor and be cognizant of industry changes that may have an effect on overall ESPN program profitability.
- Prepare and analyze variances of monthly actuals to annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in sports television and/or Finance.
- Digital media experience is recommended. Requires advanced computer literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and proficiency in building/working with financial models.
- The candidate must have the ability to multi task, be self-motivated and have strong organizational skills, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Superior communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge around how respective sports interact between media, technology, and current innovations.
- Knowledge and/or experience with SAP Software (data base and applications) and Business Intelligence a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Accounting & Financial concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.