Senior Financial AnalystApply Now for this job: Senior Financial Analyst
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Finance’s Technology Planning team has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Financial Analyst. This position is responsible for supporting the financial management of ESPN’s Technology organization. This position requires working closely with Technology leaders to plan departmental and project spend, evaluate strategic concepts, present recommendations, and analyze projects including their capital and operating spend.
The responsibilities of this position do not include management of direct reports. The position reports to the Finance Manager – Technology Planning.
- Develop and maintain the budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans for the ESPN Technology division
- Collaborate with Technology department managers, project managers, Financial Planning, and Accounting to analyze spend, track performance, and update forecasts.
- Review and summarize budgets and spend, identifying trends, concerns, and solutions for reviews with senior leaders
- Work closely with leaders in Technology, Finance, and Accounting to provide variance explanations as required – suggest changes to tools and processes to ease the burden of regular deliverables
- Utilize SAP in preparing financial documents
- Adhere to all tax, compliance, accounting, and enterprise policies and procedures
- Assist with the planning and review of corporate allocations
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a planning, forecasting, accounting, or related job role
- Working knowledge of business and other financial concepts
- Understanding of Technology – IT, Engineering and/or Digital Media
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance, or MBA
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.