Senior Director, Creative DevelopmentApply Now for this job: Senior Director, Creative Development
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
We are seeking a driven and highly creative innovative leader with proven experience in leading a creative development team to think differently. As Senior Director, you will play a key role in leading creative developers to conceptualize, design and deliver new creative technologies. You must possess exceptional aesthetic judgment, deep understanding of how technology can be leveraged to develop a great product, be versed in the latest technology developments and trends, be highly collaborative, and be a great communicator and motivator. You will work closely with the VP of the department and other leads to develop ideas and set technology strategy.
Responsibilities The intersection of creative and technology results in innovative ideas and products. The Advanced Technology Group is forming a Creative Development team that will be focused on continuous brainstorming and prototyping of creative ideas that will push us forward with new solutions, approaches and platforms. This team will be led by the Senior Director of Creative Development and report to the Vice President of Advanced Technology Group. Located in Bristol, CT, the Senior Director of Creative Development will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of creative technologists and developers including setting the creative vision and advancing our position in the marketplace.
- Generating revenue and adding production value with next gen virtual ads and billboards, virtual and augmented reality graphics, live action and real-time technologies, virtual studio applications, next gen VFX branded technology and new technology for studio and remote events.
- Oversight of all creative development technologies, from concept to product.
- Review and approval of day-to-day activities and operations of the creative development team.
- Providing creative and technical direction on concept development, prototypes and products.
- Leading strategic planning and product decision-making for the creative development team.
- Strategic communication and working relationships with partners and colleagues across all groups ensuring advanced technology group/creative development is bringing ideas to the table and aligned with the business.
- Strategic industry relationship facilitation and building.
- Setting strategic direction for team’s presentations, demos and relevant creative pitches for advanced technology and CTO.
- Review and approval of all budget and forecast information for creative development.
- Identifying areas of process improvements opportunities and provide/educate/implement process solutions working with PM teams.
- Engage and advise team members on career planning and development, key personnel decisions, performance reviews, and basic involvement in day-to-day operations, working with other team leads and group leader.
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in a media-related environment, studio production systems design and/or a working knowledge of broadcast media application systems.
- Experience with VR/AR/MR technologies and gaming technologies,
- Understanding of television production environments and event production
- Strong communication, problem-solving and understanding of system development methodologies.
- Broad background in creative direction or design.
- Dynamic, learning agile and driven.
- Proven creative leader that can align a team around a vision.
- A positive force who leads with inspiration and passion.
- Deep experience managing and building teams and processes that deliver the highest-quality creative work.
- The ability to excel at both a strategic and executional level.
- A deep understanding of market-wide technology trends and themes.
- Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions internally and with partners.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of design/graphics SW.
- Strong interest in new technology, gadgets, social platforms, etc.
- Driven with eye for excellence in detail.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, delivering under tight timelines and adapting quickly to change.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Comprehends and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s Degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.