Senior DevOps EngineerApply Now for this job: Senior DevOps Engineer
An employee filling the role of Senior DevOps Engineer, will be responsible for activities that ensure the quality, reliability, and stability of ESPN’s production systems and services that power the fan experience. These activities include the design and specification of technical infrastructure that facilitates the integration of software development and delivery from inception to full operation. As a Senior member of the engineering team, an employee filling this role would be responsible for developing the technical implementations for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, and configuration management of applications, and may be expected to lead in the implementation of the solutions.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will also spend a significant amount of time in guided exploration of new technologies and solutions that are applicable to the short, medium, and long run goals of ESPN’s Technology group. This position offers the opportunity and responsibility to contribute to the development of the future of ESPN’s Technology platforms.
- Activities to ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services.
- Leads engagement with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Leads in the analysis of technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency.
- Develops the technical “vision” for fault tolerance, performance enhancement and configuration management of applications, and may lead in implementation.
- Advises infrastructure team regarding current and future systems needs and repercussions of infrastructure changes.
- May participate in the development of infrastructure and platform roadmaps.
- Leads the release of new software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Expert proficiency in Linux system administration.
- Expert proficiency in deploying Cloud based infrastructure.
- Expert proficiency in modern SCM packages (Puppet and/or Chef, etc.).
- Advanced to Expert proficiency in programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Node.JS, Bash etc), database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, Redis), and networking protocols used for the implementation of supported systems
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
- Experience troubleshooting and using build tools (Gradle, Maven, Make)
- Knowledge of modern cloud architectures
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics to improve software and process quality
- B.S. in Computer Science in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.