Senior Building Systems Maintenance TechApply Now for this job: Senior Building Systems Maintenance Tech
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Senior Building Systems Maintenance Technician provides expertise in all aspects of fire protection systems and programs for ESPN, including fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, emergency preparedness, incipient stage firefighting, and fire prevention. Join a team that is committed to excellence, posting a lost work day injury rate 90% below the industry average.
- Assists in the administration of safety programs, including training, on forklifts and aerial lifts
- Assists manager in administration of the ESPN Emergency Response Plan in the Bristol Area
- Assists in training of Bristol Area personnel in emergency response, fire prevention, AED/CPR, and 1st aid
- Assists manager in conducting inspections and testing of all fire alarm systems in the Bristol Area including Simplex Network, FCI Network, and Air sampling Smoke Detection Systems
- Assists manager in conducting inspection/testing of gaseous and water-based fire suppression systems
- Troubleshoots and repairs fire alarm systems
- Responsible for responding to trouble, supervisory, and alarm conditions reporting on the fire alarm system and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Plan review for all new construction and renovations for compliance with ADA, building code, fire code, and FM requirements on the Bristol Campus and larger capital projects outside of Bristol
- Administration of fire prevention programs including inspection/testing of sprinkler, fire alarm, emergency lighting systems, fire extinguishers on the Bristol Campus
- Maintains a working knowledge of FM requirements, CT Fire Code, CT Building Code, and ADA accessibility guidelines
- Responsible for coordination of modifications to fire alarm and sprinkler systems during renovation/construction projects
- Provide support to the Security Systems team when requested
- Practical knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the fire protection field and all suppression systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and achieve objectives within established deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization and contractors.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a safety/fire protection and communications/networking or related field
- Low Voltage Electrical C license or equivalent (Low Voltage would be CT low voltage licenses T, L or E)
- Has basic knowledge of security, safety and health regulations applicable to ESPN facilities and operations
- Licensed Sprinkler Fitter or NICET II certification in fire alarm systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Safety and Health Technologist, Licensed Sprinkler Fitter or NICET III certification in fire alarm systems
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.