Security Operations AdministratorApply Now for this job: Security Operations Administrator
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
An employee filling the role of Systems Administrator – Security, joining the Security Infrastructure Group, will work in a dynamic, fast-paced, technologically advanced broadcast and content distribution environment. They will be responsible for implementing and supporting security infrastructure and policy solutions that support ESPN’s various production applications and end user services. In addition to securing traditional enterprise services, our infrastructure is a critical component for one of the largest digital production facilities in the world. As an integral member of our team, they will support and troubleshoot ESPN’s enterprise security, application delivery and remote access infrastructures at our Bristol, Connecticut campus, remote offices, and production facilities throughout the world. They will ingest requests and field escalated incidents on a daily basis. They will analyze them, and implement the necessary security and/or application delivery policies accordingly to provide additional functionality and resolve issues. They will work with partners and peers across ESPN to ensure that network security best practices are being adhered to. This role also demands strong fundamental knowledge of networking concepts and the ability to drive complex troubleshooting for issues that span across security infrastructure and networking environments. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are also required. The right candidate will be passionate about network security and understand its ability to enable the business. They must be a self-starter with eagerness to work through often times complex technical problems and identify root-cause. The daily goal will be to provide ESPN assets and services adequate protections and to consistently maintain production service availability and integrity. Focus will be placed on solid documentation and reducing operational exposure through automation and continual process improvement. This position offers an opportunity to contribute to the continued development of the current and future enterprise network security program for ESPN.
- Operate and support security infrastructure focusing on network security best practices.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills allowing you to prioritize multiple tasks at once and produce timely results.
- Ability to understand and interpret network security strategies and direction.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, initiative and the ability to aggressively and effectively troubleshoot problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with the business to understand requirements and how to meet these requirements with security in mind.
- Configuring, deploying, and supporting next gen firewalls and load balancers.
- Building/replacing network security hardware and software configurations per design, working with security architects, resident vendor engineers, and related support teams.
- Responsible for Incident Management ensuring that incidents are effectively escalated, managed, and resolved with full communication of status, plans, and actions to management and customers.
- Supporting network security automation systems related to configuration management, rule development, policy enforcement and reporting.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends through research and training.
- Develop and document change procedures, knowledge articles and implementation guides.
- Participate on small to medium application and infrastructure implementation projects to ensure the end result conforms to security architecture standards.
- Work with technology vendors to assess software and hardware bugs and implement necessary fixes.
- Communicate with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels to diagnose, explain and resolve problems for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintain broad skills in multiple technical domains such as server, storage, desktop, security, and network infrastructure.Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
- Strong proven technical expertise with technologies and concepts such as next gen firewalling, web application firewalls, network load balancing, remote access solutions, router/switch and VLAN security, wireless security, TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, security concepts related to DNS, authentication, proxy services, DDOS mitigation technologies, and security analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to analyze and consolidate data to provide sound solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of Internet Routing Policies and Internet Peering.
- Experience with protocol analysis, network flow analysis, and packet capture devices.
- Strong IPSEC experience with ability to setup and troubleshoot tunnels
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
- Ability to successfully manage and execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.Service Management oriented with strong commitment to customer service.
- Experience with Palo Alto, F5, Pulse Secure, CiscoIOS and ASDM, JunOS, Arista, and Splunk.
- Experience in the media or digital content distribution industries.
- Background in Service Management / ITIL.
- Experience with coding and scripting to produce automated tools.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise architecture principles, industry standards and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of the vulnerability research and exploit development process.
- Knowledge of risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
- Knowledge of third party auditing and cloud risk assessment methodologies.
- Experience in large volume user environments supported by complex enterprise infrastructure.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in IT Security and/or networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in IT Security and networking.
- ITIL training/certification.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.