Project-Senior Manager, SocialApply Now for this job: Project-Senior Manager, Social
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Project-Senior Editor, ESPN Social will provide day-to-day oversight of ESPN’s primary YouTube channels, editing and curating content in a fast-paced daily environment. He/she will evaluate video and for accuracy, fairness and potential to resonate on YouTube while maintaining the best practices and using analytics as a compass. This individual must be highly organized and able to recognize unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile/social environments. He/she must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units in order to collaborate successfully in identifying and/or developing up-to-the-minute content optimized for social media.
This is a one (1) year project position.
- Simultaneously manage personnel and content planning with strategic programming strategy.
- Supervise a team of editors.
- Engage internal content partners to ensure the best creation, sharing and distribution of video content.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for digital video content.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for video distribution on YouTube.
- Supervise creation and editing of videos for YouTube. These will include headline writing, tagging and managing an overall style and voice, and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
- Sports takes place on nights, weekends and holidays -- and those shifts will be regular and required.
- A minimum of five years working in a high-level multimedia environment.
- Experience managing editors and/or writers.
- Experience creating and programming video content, and publishing to live streams.
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines.
- Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends.
- Excellent headline writing skills; an understanding of optimal tactics for social distribution.
- Strong understanding of core characteristics of “viral” content.
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing large-scale YouTube channel(s).
- Experience working in a mobile-first content environment.
- Experience managing social media accounts for large audiences.
- Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.