Project-Production AssistantApply Now for this job: Project-Production Assistant
Project Production Assistant position providing production support for two content initiatives – College Football 150th Anniversary project and the continuing SEC Storied series. Emphasis will be on archival research and clipping from ESPN’s VTL.
- PA assigned to support the production of the College Football 150th Anniversary content initiative and SEC Storied documentaries. May also be asked to assist on other documentary projects.
- Will be assigned to multiple production support teams that include a Project Manager and an Associate Producer.
- Emphasis will be on archival research and clipping from our VTL.
- May also be assigned to support the production and re-purposing content from College Football 150, SEC Storied projects and other documentary projects
- May serve as a designated Production Assistant assigned to the screening and editing of College Football 150 and SEC Storied documentaries as well as other projects
- May serve as a Designated Production Assistant assigned to the screening & securing of footage for specific programs.
- Conducts tape research and archiving
- Work is subject to regular view and supervision for creativity and relevance of content, timeliness, accuracy and correct procedures
- Contributes creative concepts to assigned projects
- Has advanced knowledge and understanding of production editing equipment and processes and uses them independently in a creative manner.
- May suggest editorial treatments for assigned editing assignments such as shot selections and interviews.
- Interacts with a variety of Directors, Producers, Project Managers and Associate Producers at various levels.
- Has and applies a basic knowledge of what video to use for specific projects.
- One year of documentary assistant production experience
- Strong editing skills
- At least one year working in an office setting
- Strong communication skills, able to multi-task
- Strong historical sports knowledge, particularly relating to college football
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little supervision and under strict deadlines
- Must be able to apply basic knowledge of what video to use for specific projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
Additional Information:**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.