Project Production Assistant, ESPN China partnership with TencentApply Now for this job: Project Production Assistant, ESPN China partnership with Tencent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This 18-month project position will support ESPN China partnership with Tencent.
- Supports Coordinating Producers, Producers, Highlight Producers and Associate Producers with the production of live or taped studio shows and/or remote events
- Screens games and selects shots for highlights
- Creates shot sheets for assigned highlights
- Screens, logs, transcribes and clips footage for events; organizes head shot and melt reels
- Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases selects materials for bumps and roll-outs
- Operates studio teleprompter system.
- Perform crew functions as needed during productions and assist in location productions.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms.
- Coordinate graphics for assigned studio telecasts or remote events.
- Develops relationships with our various international networks to obtain material to support show needs; leverages US-based and international libraries and highlight-gathering operation to support international show needs.
- Screens videotapes and/or servers and conducts research in the media asset management system to obtain material for the preparation of production elements.
- Logs and archives video and associated data for future use.
- Ensures suitability of footage for ESPN Authenticated Networks in real time.
- Maintains updated production manuals and element reels; assists in preparation for events, including shipping materials.
- Researches, writes and disseminates ideas for future content elements on ESPN platforms.
- May be called upon to run social media accounts for ESPN shows and properties.
- Accountable for strict adherence to established Production department procedures.
- Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events.
- Must possess demonstrated communication and organization skills, and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of production situations.
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity.
- Bilingual in English/ Mandarin Chinese.
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station.
- Historical knowledge of U.S. sports.
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment.
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, TV Production, Communications or a related field, or its equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.