Programming CoordinatorApply Now for this job: Programming Coordinator
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Coordinator, Digital Media Programming will be responsible for the daily scheduling and execution of ESPN’s digital properties including ESPN3, ESPN Video on Demand, ACC Digital Network, SEC Digital Network, and Direct-To-Consumer. In this role, the Coordinator will support the Digital Media Programming team on the strategic scheduling of content across digital platforms to maximize viewership, revenue and overall value. Coordinator works collaboratively across Programming & Acquisitions, as well as with external rights holders and strategic partners to manage scheduling and operational processes. The Programming Coordinator, Digital Media Programming reports directly to the Manager, Digital Media Programming.
- Works with Digital Media Programming team’s management to assist in the strategic scheduling, quality control and data entry of program schedules
- Handles NCS/Content Scheduler and AIS/Media Central scheduling and database management work for assigned networks/platforms
- Scheduling and maintenance of the 10,000+ events airing on ESPN3, ACC Digital Network, SEC Digital Network and Direct-To-Consumer services. Managing key points in the operational workflow across each service
- Ensure timely and effective communication of programming information to all other ESPN departments and business units as well as to external partners
- Support work with Research and Product Analytics teams to track and report metrics
- Monitor programming on all platforms and coordinate with Editorial, as needed
- Create presentations and assist in various strategic projects, including negotiations
- Two years of experience in a professional work setting
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong overall sports knowledge; General knowledge of sports media industry
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite
- Keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong communication skills, highly organized and efficient
- Practiced user of social media and new media platforms
- Experience in sports media industry, new media, television programming and/or sports league/team
- Strong knowledge of the sports business landscape and marketplace, specifically in digital media
- Strong working knowledge of ESPN’s digital distribution platforms, as well as knowledge of NCS/Content Scheduler and AIS/Media Central
- General familiarity with reading and comprehending legal contracts
- General familiarity with media and footage rights
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business, sports management or a related field
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.