Production ManagerApply Now for this job: Production Manager
The Production Manager will manage production content, logistics and financial planning of college basketball across all ESPN networks, as well as a group of other TBD-assigned shows or sport categories.
This position is based out of ESPN’s world headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut.
- Oversees projects within college basketball and other assigned sports groups/show units (i.e. Sales and graphics coordination, creative content management)
- Liaison for ESPN college basketball and other assigned sport/show categories between Production, other ESPN departments and outside entities.
- Manages the training and guidance of staff and freelance Talent, Producers, Directors, Graphics/Playback Producers, Associate Directors, Associate Producers and Production Assistants on the systematic processes of assigned sport/show units.
- Responsible for training new hires and direct reports on Production departmental processes and procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting and hiring of various levels of Production personnel, for specific production groups, sport categories/show units and production management team.
- Oversees scheduling of assigned personnel, regarding event and show assignments, time management and facilities.
- Provides objective feedback and coaching on performance to staff and freelance personnel and shares feedback as required; participates in the growth and development of assigned personnel.
- Directly manages other Production Coordinators and Sr. Production Coordinators (including goal setting, mid and year-end reviews, input for promotion recommendations and growth and development).
- Oversees the planning and implementation of production clinics, seminars, workshops, surveys and meetings for production personnel.
- Project and review plans for production facility needs for assigned sports/shows.
- Negotiate agreements for production services (with external personnel, companies, vendors, entities; in conjunction with ESPN Legal and/or Contract Management departments, requests and executes contracts for negotiated agreements.
- Includes technical, logistical, financial and administrative aspects of productions in assigned areas.
- Collaborates with VP, Sr. CP and CP to ensure that assigned productions meet established network creative and technical specifications, business objectives and financial goals.
- Collaborates with VP, Sr. CP and CP to define Production goals and measure objectives.
- Decisions are guided by established corporate policies and Production operational policies.
- Work is reviewed from a mid to long-term perspective and against defined objectives, budgets and schedules.
- Responsible for the handling and trafficking of sensitive information (budgetary, fee-related, etc.)
- Responsible for dealing with time-sensitive materials and decisions.
- During Production peak times remains accessible and is often required to work non-traditional days/hours.
- Traveling for productions (domestic and international) may be required.Directly manages one or more direct reports
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the production of studio shows, remote events and/or packaged shows, and the different production models for live remote events.
- Advanced knowledge of the operational and logistical aspects of production planning.
- Experience in working with external entities for independent or joint venture productions.
- Extensive experience in various aspects of production management (i.e. processing contracts and invoices, creating, maintaining and distributing production information, travel management, production personnel scheduling/staffing).
- Financial management experience including management of six-figure plus budgets.
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong communication skills (i.e. clear and concise in all forms of communication, ability to handle high-volume email and phone traffic as well as in-person interactions)
- Must possess strong organizational skills (i.e. budgeting time and prioritizing workload, accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks, ability to implement systematic processes and organize information flow).
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative; suggests ideas and solutions to problems that arise or before they occur.
- Must understand the value of synergy in a dynamic organization.
- Has demonstrated ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that arise and are subject to continual change.
- Has advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), with particular expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- A minimum of 7 years of production and/or operations experience.
- Clear understanding of the different roles needed in the production of live events
- Familiar with new technology advancements in multimedia video production
- Passionate and knowledgeable about college basketball and/or prior work experience in collegiate athletics
- College degree or equivalent
- Advanced computer skills including traditional Microsoft Office programs as well as other cloud-based platforms
- Degree or course work in Communications and Sports Management
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.