Production Assistant - ESPN NextApply Now for this job: Production Assistant - ESPN Next
ESPN Next is ESPN's leadership development program focused on building a Production Assistant workforce empowered to contribute creativity, diversity and insight to our content, our culture and our business. The 13-month program places Production Assistants in 1 month of training followed by two 6-month rotations in different production areas. Throughout the entirety of the program, the Production Assistant will help produce creative content for various ESPN platforms while also participating in a cohort curriculum that includes workshops, networking, and volunteering.
- Support content creation for various properties both domestic and international; including SportsCenter and other studio shows, live events for professional and college sports, and features.
- Daily responsibilities will vary based on rotation; ranging from running teleprompter, screening and logging games/events, producing highlights, researching video content for various shows, and live event support.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia content and publish to various platforms.
- Edit video elements and research video content for various studio shows/networks.
- Coordinate graphics for assigned studio telecasts or remote events
- Log and archive video and associated data for future use
- Produce elements such as teases, opens, and montages for various shows and live events.
- Support live events by gathering video and sponsorship elements for broadcasts.
- Strong overall knowledge of multiple sports; including teams, players, and rules.
- Ability to identify and cultivate compelling storylines for various platforms
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to react quickly and positively under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Awareness of social media trends and relevant platforms
- Self-starting attitude and team-oriented work ethic
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment
- Leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
- Knowledge of international soccer leagues a plus
- Fluency, both verbal and written, in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.