Product ManagerApply Now for this job: Product Manager
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This role will drive the requirements in support of our digital partnerships and owned & operated sites with our international teams in markets around the world. The role requires the manager to learn and gain expertise on the entirety of the ESPN technical platform including content management, video, data systems, advertising capability and tracking/measurement. This position is responsible for managing the relationship with international media outlets on a day-to-day basis and collaborating with them to drive the maximum value to both. They will act as a first point of contact on matters relating to the ESPN’s digital products, working with colleagues locally and in our international markets while ensuring the collaboration also delivers the media outlet’s digital requirements.
The manager will be a well-rounded and commercially savvy product/client support manager with a strong track record in the media or digital publishing industries. This person must be a self-starter, an outstanding relationship builder, and an excellent communicator capable of multi-regional, multi-timezone collaboration.
- Becoming an expert on ESPN’s digital product portfolio including our regionally focused websites, Apps and video products in order to support our editorial, marketing and advertising teams on all digital matters.
- Acting as a conduit between ESPN and regional media outlets to share key project updates, ESPN TV content plans, and digital product developments.
- Understanding regional media outlets digital objectives and ESPN’s digital roadmap, ensuring both parties understand how these will align and deliver value to both parties.
- Documenting and communicating regional digital product needs and contributing to product requirements that can be implemented by the Digital Product Team.
- Maintaining open dialogue between ESPN’s Digital Product teams in international markets and providing clear expectations and explicit feedback from all discussions.
- Proactively identifying and realizing opportunities to grow or better exploit our international relationships leveraging ESPN’s international business and local expertise, eg sharing on-air talent, new digital revenue streams or distribution channels, etc.
- Provide on boarding and coordinate training to Edit and Sales teams as rollout new global features, products and services.
- Work with project management to establish project milestones, assign tasks, track deliverables, communicate status, manage change requests and hold groups accountable at all stages of product development
- Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to product enhancements and improvements.
- At least three years’ experience in a client facing product management role.
- Knowledge of the media industry across TV and digital.
- Highly developed written, verbal and presentation communication skills with the ability to communicate with international companies and colleagues at the highest level.
- Proactive and flexible approach with ability to multi-task.
- Experience of working within a matrix structure with multiple key stakeholders.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion and the skills to either resolve or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Comprehensive understanding of international digital media and sports trends.
- Ability to speak a foreign language a plus (Spanish, Mandarin and others)
- Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.