Producer I Digital VideoApply Now for this job: Producer I Digital Video
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Producer I Digital Video works to help guide production teams in the creative development, production and preparation of content, following the guidance of the Director. Determines and maintains the "creative vision" of assigned multimedia productions and features. Fully understand the technical process in which our content is created and delivered to our fans and have the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems. Manages production resources, assets and staff. Works with other platforms in terms of companion content, editorial and resource allocation. Understands data metrics and how to best use that information to inform content creation. Creates and monitors schedules and budgets to ensure timely, current and cost effective multimedia productions. Mentors less experienced members of the team. May be assigned to various original or special projects as the lead producer on features that will accompany a feature article. Develops content ideas, arranges for video shoots including lighting ENG, selects talent, location and manages thru a budget. Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual media. Must be able to effectively maintain leadership in a group environment, manage direct reports and deliver constructive feedback.
- Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs at direction of Director to create informative and entertaining sports content
- Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned ideas; determines the agendas and flow of assigned projects
- Oversees a staff of 7-10 subordinate Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop assigned sports content
- Adjusts content to accommodate breaking news situations and data-driven adjustments; interprets breaking news and translates it into content
- Coordinates with the on-air staff to create compelling content
- Operates within the context of maximizing distribution and revenue opportunities
- Produces assigned sports content independently with regular guidance from the responsible Coordinating Producer and Director
- Work is reviewed by the responsible Coordinating Producer and Director at regular intervals and milestones
- Participates in or develops concepts and content for all platforms
- Determines the content and focus of each assigned sports element; identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news
- Uses mastery of sports knowledge, creativity and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content
- Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what "works" on all platforms, with a digital-first focus, and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted
- Has a minimum of 6 years of practical multimedia Production or related progressively complex experience.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users
- Has good production skills related to sporting events
- Has a good understanding of ESPN's marketing and sales strategies
- Has an established knowledge of sports and sports history
- Is a supervisor with good leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Good writing, editing and copy editing skills
- Knowledge of production and video editing in digital environment
- Understanding of metrics-based decision making
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, broadcasting, or communications
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.