Part-Time Sports Content Ingest OperatorApply Now for this job: Part-Time Sports Content Ingest Operator
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Media Operations, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations.
The Media Operations team is responsible for the planning, sourcing, distribution, processing and archiving of various types of the media formats and content, including distribution of on-air programming. Position can be assigned and will work within many of the operational and logistics areas in this team.
Media Operators work with many departments and customers within and outside of ESPN. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment with a wide variety of content requirements. The Media Operator in the Media Operations group will be responsible for organizing, recording, editing, playing back, transcoding and archiving various media formats and server based material during live and pre-recorded productions while ensuring all content meets ESPN’s high standards for video and audio quality. They are also responsible for media management and naming conventions.
- Organization and distribution of all server content used for recording and playback.
- Checking the video and audio quality of content during live and recorded programming, setting up records of incoming feeds and editing show content.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology as assigned, including but not limited to, standard and high-definition operations, tape deck operations and duplication of content, broadcast routers, intercoms, planning of network content and media movement, content management, linear and non-linear edit systems, encoding systems, server-based recordings/playback devices, server networking, EVS operations, and more.
- Operating in a fast paced, high pressure and deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrating a basic knowledge of editing techniques on non-linear systems.
- Understanding complex information and disseminating it to proper personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Measuring audio and video signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
- Seeking out information in regards to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
- May participate in training others in operational areas and generating training documentation.
- Understanding of CC systems and associated workflows.
- Ability to collaborate with Technology Teams to enhance existing applications
- Expected to influence training strategies, and key player in the training program for new employees
- Expected to provide strategic thinking for day-to-day operations.
- Expected to train and gain advanced skills in different operational areas to best facilitate the coordination of assignments.
- A minimum of 2 years practical TV production or related experience.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and prioritize simultaneous projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
- Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to constantly changing environment.Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc…) and strong communication skills.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- Experience in a live production environment.
- Familiarity with a server playback system and non-linear editing systems such as Quantel.
- Understanding of server-based recording/playback, format conversions, EVS, transcoding systems and file formats.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- A College or Technical School degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.