Part-Time Security Associate, 1st ShiftApply Now for this job: Part-Time Security Associate, 1st Shift
The Global Security & Safety department is responsible for ensuring the safety, security and well-being of all ESPN human resources, guests and assets. In addition, the department provides security and safety services for all ESPN owned and leased facilities and ESPN remote events worldwide.
This is a part-time role working 1st Shift.
- Greet, screen, and direct all visitors following the established procedures.
- Enforce company security and parking policies consistently and fairly.
- Monitor company property, identify and report safety and security hazards.
- Secure property as directed.
- Completes and issues hot work permits.
- Conducts inspections per established hot work permit processes to preserve safety at ESPN facilities.
- Conducts fire watch assignments in designated hot work areas.
- Provide appropriate general information to visitors and employees.
- Perform general security system checks.
- Perform access control duties at high traffic exterior posts in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform vehicle inspections in accordance with established inspection protocols.
- May respond to medical, fire, security, and other safety related emergencies and incidents as trained and write comprehensive reports following established procedures.
- Might be asked to provide security presence at special events (on or off-campus).
- In some instances, you may be asked to establish barricades, operate gates, and generally direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- You may be asked to complete special assignments as required.
- Accurately create work orders documenting requestors name, location, type of service needed.
- Identify craft on all routine requests
- Create work orders and dispatch maintenance personnel to the correct location of requested work orders.
- Assist in the distribution and tracking of related departmental keys.
- Monitor hand held radio channels for HVAC, Electrical, Maintenance, Construction and Safety to facilitate communication between groups.
- Receive and process all requests for facilities services through phone calls or email and radio.
- Monitor main company external phone line and direct incoming telephone calls as appropriate.
- Must possess and maintain a Driver’s license valid in the state of Connecticut
- Possess a DMV Class F Public Passenger Endorsement on Connecticut Driver’s License or apply for a Class F endorsement within 30 days of employment
- Must currently possess and maintain a valid CT Guard certification or be able to attain a valid CT Guard certification within 2 weeks of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, DMV check, and urinalysis drug screen.
- Must have the flexibility to work a varying schedule (hours and days off) and work overtime as approved.
- Must have a basic familiarity with computers, including MS Outlook email and Word.
- Must maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times.
- A minimum of one year security or law enforcement experience; or college degree in related field required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in Facilities Management or similar field handling service requests.
- Superior writing ability and command of basic English grammar.
- Strong leadership, judgment and decision making skills.
- Clear teamwork focus.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform tasks independently within established guidelines.
- Ability to operate company transportation, including fleet and gem cart vehicles.
- Able to take command and diplomatically control difficult situations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Additional Information:**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.