Part-Time Editor, BottomLineApply Now for this job: Part-Time Editor, BottomLine
Based in Bristol, CT, BottomLine is part of ESPN’s Stats & Information Group, and is a constant resource and companion for fans across multiple networks and platforms. BottomLine Editors handle the day-to-day production of all editorial content on BottomLine. Editors produce urgent, in-demand content for these multiple networks on TV and digital platforms, often simultaneously. They are proven sports professionals and are counted on to generate accurate, quality content on the various BottomLines, which often is the first ESPN product to report on an event or news item.
BottomLine Editors perform critical and high-profile day-to-day editorial duties and contribute to long-term projects. They are given the task of coordinating BottomLine coverage for certain sports and/or events, all by working collaboratively as part of a small yet dedicated team of editorial professionals.
BottomLine Editors effectively use Score and News Alerts to drive awareness of big stories, games and events, and continually seek ways to expand coverage of top-level global stories.
Additionally, BottomLine Editors are trained at content generation and collaborate closely with the Research, Stats & Analysis and the Sports Analytics Team within Stats & Information.
- Interact on deadline with content decision makers within and outside of the BottomLine (e.g. News Editors; show producers) to ensure the BottomLines are consistent with all editorial directions and treatments, both domestically and internationally.
- Become proficient in the use of the BottomLine software.
- Foster and actively engage in a team-first environment by communicating openly and honestly, and providing timely, balanced feedback to teammates.
- Participate in projects on- and off-air, and interact with outside departments as directed to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Understand, implement and contribute to all BottomLine policies and procedures to ensure consistent content output. Recommend ideas or courses of action that maximize efficiency and productivity in the group while furthering ESPN priorities.
- Possess significant, broad-based sports knowledge of a variety of sports.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to make editorial decisions about content.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- Full availability for this position, which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Equivalent of 1 year of experience in sports, statistics, journalism, research or related fields.
- Knowledge of sports research methods, as well as how to locate (and when to trust) relevant editorial Web resources.
- Experience working with sports content and storylines via TV, radio, newspaper or a notable sports blog
- 1+ years’ experience in an editorial role, preferably with content editing and news judgment components. Internships and college media are acceptable, but professional experience is preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience working with statistics in an online, television or print media environment
- Fluency in reading, speaking and writing Spanish
- Knowledge of ESPN policies and procedures
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.