Multimedia EditorApply Now for this job: Multimedia Editor
The Multimedia Editor will support the Digital Media Director of International websites with the processing and production of Digital Video. This role supports the International Digital Media group with the production and processing of digital video for ESPN’s platforms, including ESPNFC.com, ESPNDeportes.com, ESPN.com in Latin America, ESPN.co.uk.
The Multimedia Editor will also help support Kwese.
- Responsible for maintaining our editorial standards on our dot-com websites.
- Work with the International Multimedia group in providing video for all ESPN Digital Platforms.
- Edit and publish video content, both original and/or repurposed, as-needed for Digital Platforms.
- Continually refresh our websites and mobile platforms with new video material as directed by supervisor
- Regularly submit new initiatives that will drive traffic and provide other multimedia / editing duties as needed within the International Multimedia Group
- Screen games and select shots for highlights.
- Create, publish and distribute video Alerts to all the different Digital Platforms.
- Maintain awareness of current Soccer, MLB, NBA, NFL, Tennis news and pitch ideas and opportunities.
- Maintain a strong connection with the Editorial heads of ESPNFC.com and ESPNDeportes.com/ESPN.com(SSLA) to ensure a unified direction of video production.
- May be called upon to support social media accounts and social initiatives.
- Accountable for strict adherence to established Digital Media Production processes and procedures.• Create shot sheets for assigned highlights; Screen, log, transcribe and clips and footage for events; organize head shot and melt reels.
- Edit show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases; select materials for bumps and roll-outs
- Perform crew functions as needed during productions and assist in location productions
- Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements; publish these elements to various platforms
- Develop relationships with our various international networks to obtain material to support show needs; leverage US-based and International libraries and highlight-gathering operation to support International show needs
- Screen videotapes and/or servers; conduct research in the media asset management system to obtain material for the preparation of production elements
- Log and archive video and associated data for future use
- Ensure suitability of footage for ESPN Authenticated Networks in real time
- Maintain updated production manuals and element reels; assist in preparation for events, including shipping materials
- Research, write and disseminate ideas for future content elements on ESPN Digital Int’l platforms
- Maintain awareness of current soccer and US Domestic sports news and pitch ideas and opportunities
- Accountable for strict adherence to established Production department procedures
- A minimum of 1 year of multimedia editing experience
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong knowledge of International and US sports
- Spanish language fluency (written, spoken, comprehension) preferred, not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree will be preferred
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.