Mobile Software Engineer III (iOS)Apply Now for this job: Mobile Software Engineer III (iOS)
The ESPN Mobile Engineering team develops some of the most downloaded and successful iOS sports apps, including the ESPN app, WatchESPN, Tournament Challenge, and many others. This position is 100% hands-on development with ample influence of product design, features, and specifications. It requires proficiency in Objective-C, Swift, iOS frameworks and device capabilities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about iOS, technology, apps, and sports. Experience with IAP for direct-to-consumer streaming is highly desired.
During a typical weekend in the sports calendar, we have millions of fans in our apps all sharing the same live moments. Building these apps will present technical challenges we need to solve and numerous opportunities to learn. Join the team that builds our apps to match this scale and at the same time provide delightful user experience with animations and navigation.
- Develop new and existing ESPN apps for the iOS platform
- Develop quality code using cutting-edge techniques, tools, and utilities
- Research, test, and implement new techniques and frameworks
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop apps
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on professional iOS development experience
- Experience working on a significant consumer app
- Demonstrated experience developing applications leveraging XML/JSON
- Solid understanding of data models and data access architecture
- Solid understanding of web architectures and OO design patterns
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services is required.
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.