Mobile Software Engineer III (iOS)Apply Now for this job: Mobile Software Engineer III (iOS)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The ESPN Mobile Engineering team develops some of the most downloaded and successful iOS sports apps, including the ESPN app, WatchESPN, Tournament Challenge, and many others. This position is 100% hands-on development with ample influence of product design, features, and specifications. It requires proficiency in Objective-C, Swift, iOS frameworks and device capabilities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about iOS, technology, apps, and sports. Experience with IAP for direct-to-consumer streaming is highly desired.
During a typical weekend in the sports calendar, we have millions of fans in our apps all sharing the same live moments. Building these apps will present technical challenges we need to solve and numerous opportunities to learn. Join the team that builds our apps to match this scale and at the same time provide delightful user experience with animations and navigation.
- Develop new and existing ESPN apps for the iOS platform
- Develop quality code using cutting-edge techniques, tools, and utilities
- Research, test, and implement new techniques and frameworks
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop apps
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on professional iOS development experience
- Experience working on a significant consumer app
- Demonstrated experience developing applications leveraging XML/JSON
- Solid understanding of data models and data access architecture
- Solid understanding of web architectures and OO design patterns
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services is required.
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.